If you wish go slighty further from the bustling Tokyo city center for sight-seeing, this tour might be one of your best choices. Kamakura area preserves many historical and cultural sites while Enoshima has beautiful coast lines. For those manga and cat lovers, you can visit scene of famous manga Slam Dunk and cat island during the tour. And for food lovers, you will visit 2 famous local dori(street) with full of local food and souvenirs. You will have a great time for sure.
Around 9 hours
Pick up Time
9:00 - 10:00 a.m.
Pick up Location
Accommodations in 12 Districts of Tokyo
9:00 - 10:00 am
Depart at your accommodation in 12 districts in Tokyo
Around 11:30 am
Minamoto-no-Yoriyoshi, head of the Genji samurai family, founded Tsurugaoka Hachiman-gu in 1063 upon receiving the divine spirit of Iwashimizu Hachiman-gu in Kyoto. The shrine was moved to its present site in 1180 by his descendant, Minamoto-no-Yoritomo, who established the Kamakura shogunate and ruled Japan toward the end of the 12th century. In the shrine grounds stands a monument inscribed with a poem by Minamoto-no-Sanetomo, third shogun of the Kamakura shogunate and also a renowned poet. The large ginkgo tree is said to have concealed Sanetomos nephew right before he assassinated Sanetomo, and is a well-known symbol of Tsurugaoka Hachiman-gu.’
Tsurugaoka Hachimangu(around 30 mins)
Around 12:00 noon
According to legend, it started as a market opened in front of the shrine. Today, the street is lined with over 250 restaurants, boutiques, fancy cafes, Japanese-style sweet cafes, and stores selling souvenirs and sundry articles unique to the ancient city. Stepping into narrow alleys you will find old Western-style houses with an historic atmosphere and hidden traditional stores.
Komachi Street(around 60 mins)
Around 1:15 pm
The Buddha is a bronze statue 11.3 m high, weighing 121 tons, and was built in the 13th century, soon after Kamakura became the center of rule by the samurai class. In those days many temples were constructed in Kamakura, and many Buddhist statues created in the Chinese Sung style. The Daibutsu is a typical example. Initially the statue was housed in a large building, but this was washed away by flood twice, leaving only the bronze statue.
Kotokuin - The Great Buddha of Kamakura(around 40 mins)
Around 2:15 pm
The station and its vicinity are often chosen for filming of TV dramas and commercials in Japan as symbolic of the Shōnan region. The neighbourhood is a serene residential area. A hit Japanese manga Slam Dunk has an episode based on this station resulting in the station attracts thousands of visitors.
Kamakura-kōkō-mae eki (around 30 mins)
Around 3:00 pm
Entrance of Enoshima, about 10 mins walk to Enoshima. Visitors can view Mt. Fuji on sunny days.
Enoshima Bentenbashi Bridge (around 10 mins)
Around 3:20 pm
Once you have crossed the bridge, you will see souvenir shops and traditional restaurants on the way to Enoshima-jinja Shrine. Enoshima-jinja Shrine was originally a tutelary shrine where the three goddesses of land, marine transport, and fisheries were enshrined in 552. Hadaka-Benten, or the naked goddess of entertainment in the shrine, is one of the three most famous goddesses in Japan. During the Edo Period, the shrine was crowded with worshippers. Until today, celebrities visit the shrine to wish for success.
Enoshima(around 70 mins)
Around 7:00 p.m.
Returning to your accommodation in 12 districts in Tokyo and disband
Tour End! Enjoy Your Trip!
*The images are for reference only
- Service charge of Chinese driver guide
- Transportation fee within the itinerary
- 1 bottle of water per person, free WIFI in the coach and tissue paper are also provided
- Entrance fees
- Personal expenditure
- Other services not specified
- Minimum departure group size is 2. Daily operates. Single traveler can also participate.
- Child fares are subject to the same as adult fares.
- Child under 2 years old is free of charge when accompanied by parents with no seat occupied. (based on the age on the travel date) (Only one free quota for each departure group)
- *If minimum departure group size of your selected departure date is not reached, we will inform you at least 4 days before departure.
- No prior notice would be made for any possible changes on pricing and terms.
- Click Here for more product information.
- This is a share tour, please note that there might be other travelers joining.
- Tour departure time on the morning may vary due to the location of your pick up point, ranging from 30mins to 60mins. Our driver guide will compromise with you one day before departure so please base on the agreed time and location. (This service does not cover accomodations out of Tokyo 12 districts, you are advised to arrange pick up service at main train stations within Tokyo in such case)
- Tokyo 12 districts include: Chiyoda-ku、Chuo-ku、Minato-ku、Shinjuku-ku、Bunkyo-ku、Shinagawa-ku、Meguro-ku、Shibuya-ku、Toshima-ku、Taito-ku、Sumida-ku、Koto-ku
- We will provide you the guide contact on the day before your departure date by E-mail. Please kindly check your mail inbox, including junk mail inbox. You are welcome to enquire directly to the guide.
- The guide will contact you by wtsapp or wechat within 24 hours in advance to confirm pick up details.
- Please arrive the pickup location (i.e. Hotel lobby you reside) at least 15 minutes in advance. Travelers who arrive late would not be allowed to change the itinerary or refund.
- The itinerary is subject to the final arrangement by the local staff.
- Travelers are advised to follow the guidelines and arrangements by the staff and consider factors like age, health condition, weather and details of the activity before participating.
- Our company reserves the right to change, cancel or rearrange the itinerary and transportation according to the service provider, when the tour being affected by any of the traffic, weather or other unavoidable factors.
- Each traveler can only carry a lightweight bag to the coach. For those who carry luggage or large baggage, the guide reserves the right to refuse boarding without any refund.
- Once the trip is confirmed, it cannot be refunded. You can contact our company when necessary, and we would provide assistance asap.
- You are advised to purchase suitable travel insurance before departure to enhance your security.
- You are advised to pre-purchase your pocket wifi to ensure means of contact.
- Remember to bring the fully-charged camera or cell phones to capture the most exciting moment in your journey.
Detailed pick up information
9:00 - 10:00am Pick up at the accommodation you reside or any specific point you prefer within 12 wards in Tokyo （According to the location of the pick up point, exact pick up time may vary. Please follow driver guide's instruction on pick up time and location）